A hashtag challenge is a challenge mostly started by a brand in which the brand asks the people to perform a type of task and then tag them by using a specific hashtag. Hashtag challenges are quite popular on social media platforms, including TikTok. The hashtag challenge is primarily used to make user-generated content from the audience and buy tiktok likes to generate your brand awareness across the media.
Not every such hashtag challenge goes viral, but some do become viral trends. If you want your hashtag challenge to go viral, then you must check out the tips that can help you create a successful hashtag challenge. Here are seven crucial tips with which you can take and launch a successful and popular hashtag challenge on TikTok.
Seven Quick Tips For Launching A Successful Hashtag Challenge
- Do Proper Research!
If you are planning to start your hashtag challenge, the first and foremost thing to remember is to do some research. Check out on the hashtag challenges which went viral in the past, analyze them, identify them, and pick up the common factors from them to make a successful challenge of your own.
Look for the inspiration to make your challenge and also understand how brands use the app’s hashtag challenges. There must be some questions in your mind like, does it always have to be funny to be exciting and how to stay focused on the brand while keeping it non-promotional?
Before moving on to launching your branded hashtag challenge, make sure to do your research wisely!
- Create A Share-Worthy Hashtag For Your Brand!
The essential element of the social media challenges is to have a specific hashtag that will make the challenge go viral.
How Do These Challenges Work?
- First, challenge people to do something and then upload it on TikTok with a specific hashtag to build the challenge.
- Then, people will start participating in the challenge by adding the same hashtag on their posts.
- Soon, it would attract more and more people to participate in the challenge.
The Benefit Of Hashtags
- Hashtags make it easy for you to track all the posts of the people who participated in the challenge.
How To Create A Hashtag?
If you want to create a successful TikTok hashtag for a challenge, you must keep the following essential tips in your mind to enhance its potential to go viral.
- Simple spelling
- Easy to remember; so that people can easily search for it, use it, and share it.
- The hashtag must be related to the challenge so that people easily remember and recall it.
- Add the brand name in the hashtag, only if possible.
- Also, you can use multiple hashtags for your challenge – one primary hashtag for the challenge and the other branded hashtags for brand recognition.
- Maintain The Focus On Your Brand Or The Product!
Don’t lose your focus on the product, brand, or niche of the video while creating a hashtag. Make sure to have a relevant hashtag for the challenge and make sure that the challenge is a branded hashtag challenge.
The first way is by adding the brand name in the hashtag; however, it is not possible in every challenge. Another way is to create a challenge that either uses the product as a prop or is somehow related to the brand.
- Make Your Challenge Memorable!
What makes a challenge memorable?
- The foremost reason is the popularity – the more popular the challenge would be, the more people would remember it.
- Another reason that makes a challenge memorable is relatability – if people relate to your hashtag challenge, there is a high probability of people remembering it.
You must be thinking, why is it essential? It’s because the primary motive of creating the challenge is to build brand awareness and to encourage people to engage with your brand.
- Select The Right Audio For Your Challenge!
The audio of the hashtag challenge is another most important component to keep in mind. The successful challenges are those who have distinctive background music. Always remember to use relevant audio for your challenge, which is also engaging for the audience.
- Formulate The Rules For The Challenge!
It would help if you formed rules precisely the challenge that must be followed while one participates in the challenge. Ask a few questions to yourselves like, what task you want people to perform? Can people add their creative twist to the video? And what must be the permanent part of the video?
After you have figured out about these questions, you can easily set the ground rules for the branded hashtag challenge. If you are formulating a dance challenge, then make sure to set the choreography before launching it and show them how they have to use the product or prop in the video. It makes it easy for people to participate in the challenge.
- Make Sure To Promote Your Challenge!
Promotion is the key to gain popularity. You can do it in the following ways:
- Promote the challenge on your other social media platforms.
- Send an invitation to the TikTok influencers to participate in the challenge.
- And don’t forget to spend time in formulating the top-notch hashtags for promoting your branded hashtag challenge.
Hopefully, the article would have provided with all the necessary details which you might require to launch your own hashtag challenge. All the best, people!